1947 production of "Night Must Fall"
2002 production of "The Civil War"
The roots of the Lincoln Community Playhouse are deep. On July 3,1946, in the Lindell Hotel in downtown Lincoln, The Circlet Theatre staged its first production. In 1947, The Circlet Theatre merged with the Lincoln Community Theatre to form The Lincoln Circlet Community Theatre and staged its first production on February 21, 1947, at Lincoln's Municipal Pool Bathhouse.
Less than a decade later, The Lincoln Circlet Community Theatre changed its name to the Lincoln Community Playhouse and moved to the newly purchased Tifereth Israel Synagogue where it staged it first production on November 3, 1954.
It would be 18 years before the Lincoln Community Playhouse would purchase the theatre located at 2500 South 56th Street and open its first production on February 4, 1972. In 1976, LCP opened The Gallery Theatre and, in 1980, LCP opened The Children's Theatre.